Admiral Theater

Lunafest women's film festival to screen at the Admiral June 3

Video

See video

Hosted by Luna Moms Club and Stroller Strides, LUNAFEST, a traveling short film festival by for and about women, screens at the Admiral Theater on Thursday, June 3, 2010. The Festival will benefit The Salvation Army Domestic Violence Programs and Breast Cancer. The mission of the Luna Fest is to celebrate and inspire women through the art of film and community fund-raising. All proceeds from LUNAFEST are donated to charity. 85% of profits are donated to local nonprofit organizations the remaining 15% goes to LUNA'S primary cause partner, the Breast Cancer Fund.

LUNAFEST films have won industry awards and audience accolades, and the films selected for 2009-10 LUNAFEST season share this brilliance. From quirky animation to touching documentaries, the 10 selected films are incredibly diverse in both style and subject matter, united by a common thread of exceptional storytelling by and about women.

The Seattle 2010 LUNAFEST begins at 6:30 PM with a reception and silent auction at the Historic Admiral Theater in West Seattle followed by the selection of films at 7:30PM. The evening will feature light appetizers, a cash bar as well as gifts from area sponsors.

This is a "Mom-friendly" event, nursing infants are welcome.

Tickets can be purchased at Stroller Strides Classes in Seattle for $20.00 or can be purchased online or at the door for $25
http://lunafestwestseattle.eventbrite.com
Student Admission: $15
To learn more about the LUNA Festival go to: http://www.lunafest.org/

We encourage our readers to comment. No registration is required. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.