Patrick Robinson
John Peck, uncle of Jeremy Peck who disappeared Dec. 24, 2010, is pleased progress is being made in the case.

UPDATE 2: Witness in Jeremy Peck case spotted two men dumping heavy object from bridge

More details from the unsealed search warrant posted

Update 2 (additional details from the search warrant):
According to court documents, Jeremy Peck was last seen by friends at the Admiral Pub in West Seattle after closing time, between 2 and 3 a.m. on Christmas Eve, December 24 2010. He was seen getting into a white vehicle with two men described as “Hispanic looking” by a witness.

Those two men are now persons of interest in Peck’s disappearance and the search warrant was issued for one of their homes (they will not be named unless charges are filed).

Jeremy’s uncle, John Peck, whom he had been living with most of his life in West Seattle, called police on Jan. 1 of this year to report Jeremy was missing and it was highly unusual not to hear from him for such a long period of time.

Eighteen days later, on Jan. 19, Jeremy’s body was discovered along the Manitou Beach shore on Bainbridge Island. Medical examiners were able to identify Jeremy by tattoos and clothing, but were unable to determine a cause of death due to state of his body.

On Jan. 31, according to the search warrant, a man called police after hearing of Peck’s disappearance to report something he saw around 3:30 a.m. on Dec. 24. The witness was driving home from work when he saw two males on the lower Spokane Street Bridge dumping something heavy over the railing into the Duwamish River. He told police he saw what he thought was a body part in the object. The two men were standing next to a white BMW 500 Series.

Cell phone records for one of the people of interest placed him very near the Spokane Bridge shortly before this eyewitness account, according to court documents.

In early March a Seattle homicide detective was assigned to the case that police have filed as a suspicious death. It is not classified as a homicide investigation at this time.

The detective set out to interview Peck’s friends, family and the owner of the white BMW associated with the case. He was able to piece together a picture of that Christmas Eve, solidifying two people of interest in the case.

According to court documents, the owner of the BMW told detectives he lent his vehicle to one of the persons of interest during the month of December 2010. He said the person of interest was considering buying the vehicle, but later decided against it.

The vehicle was taken as evidence on March 27 and, according to the detective, showed possible signs of a struggle including a broken rear passenger door handle and damaged window tinting on the same side.

“Based upon my experience with combative subjects inside police cars, I believe this damage could be consistent with some kind of struggle inside the car,” the detective wrote the court.

The BMW was taken to the Seattle Police crime lab where an investigation turned up what appeared to be blood inside the vehicle. On April 4 the lab results came back, matching the blood’s DNA with that of Jeremy Peck.

This story will be updated as more information is released, including charges if evidence is sufficient to turn this into a murder investigation.

“I would love to get justice for him,” John Peck, Jeremy’s uncle, recently said.

Original post:
John Peck, whose nephew Jeremy disappeared in the early morning hours of Dec. 24, 2010, and whose body washed up on Bainbridge Island weeks later, said a witness has come forward and has revealed that he saw two men dump a heavy object from the lower level Spokane Street Bridge at approximately 3:30 am. on Dec. 24.

The information became publicly available in a search warrant from King County Superior Court served on a person of interest in Seattle.

In an interview on Feb 2 SPD did with a person who stated according to the warrant that "there are people who saw victim Peck taken from the Admiral Pub by 'two Hispanic looking males' . He was driven away in a white car. The car was believed to believed to be owned by a person living in West Seattle.

The witness works for dive company near the Duwamish River. He told investigators that he was "driving home from work on 12-24-10 around 3:30 am . He saw two males putting something heavy over the railing into the Duwamish River. He saw what he thought may be body parts on this item. The two males were standing next to a white 1990's or newer BMW."

A DOL search revealed the only result was for a 1992 BMW, in King County. The vehicle was registered to the same man who resides in West Seattle.

DNA evidence recovered from the BMW was shown to be Jeremy Peck's.

More details will be added shortly.

The West Seattle Herald's most recent previous coverage of the case is here.

We encourage our readers to comment. No registration is required. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.