Spokane Street Viaduct widening project nearly done; Eastbound ramp from 1st Ave. will re-open Sept. 19
The Seattle Department of Transportation has updated the status of the Spokane Street Viaduct Widening Project. West Seattle and south Seattle residents the most signifcant news is that the eastbound off-ramp at First Avenue South is scheduled to reopen on the morning of Wednesday, September 19.
Also on Sept. 19, First Avenue South between South Spokane and South Horton Streets will be returned to two lanes of travel in each direction, and the eastbound stretch of South Spokane Street between East Marginal Way South and First Avenue South will reopen.
In a press release today SDOT offered these other updates:
One of the few remaining full street closures will occur next Wednesday and Thursday nights (September 12-13) when the eastbound lanes of the Spokane Street Viaduct will be closed at the off-ramp to northbound SR99. These and other project related traffic impacts are outlined below.
Monday, September 10 – Tuesday, September 11
· Two westbound lanes of the Spokane Street Viaduct will be closed each night between I-5 and SR 99 from 11 p.m. nightly until 5 a.m. the following morning. The northbound I-5 off-ramp and the Columbian ramp to westbound Spokane Street Viaduct will also both be closed.
· One eastbound lane of the Spokane Street Viaduct will be closed each night between SR99 and I-5 from 9 p.m. nightly until 5 a.m. the following morning.
Wednesday, September 12 – Thursday, September 13
· The eastbound lanes of the Spokane Street Viaduct will be closed each night at the off-ramp to northbound SR99 each night from 10 p.m. nightly until 5 a.m. the following morning. Traffic on the West Seattle Bridge will be detoured to northbound SR99. Traffic wishing to continue further east will be diverted to the lower Spokane roadway in West Seattle.
· One westbound lane of the Spokane Street Viaduct will be closed each night between I-5 and SR99 from 11 p.m. both nights until 5 a.m. the following morning.
Reopening Wednesday, September 19 at 6 a.m.:
· The eastbound off-ramp from the Spokane Street Viaduct at First Avenue S.
· Two lanes of traffic in each direction on First Avenue S between S Spokane and S Horton Streets.
· The eastbound lower S Spokane Street between East Marginal Way S and First Avenue S.