Seattle firefighters and utility workers responded to a natural gas leak on S.W. Southern St. in West Seattle on Sept. 18. The line was punctured when a utility pole inspection crew was digging.
Utility pole inspectors puncture natural gas line on S.W. Southern
The pungent scent of natural gas permeated a two block radius surrounding the 4000 block of S.W. Southern St. after workers with a private utility pole inspection company accidentally punctured a natural gas line on Sept. 18.
Seattle firefighters and utility workers responded quickly to the 911 call at 11:46 a.m. and were able to stop the leak by 12:11 p.m.
The pole inspectors were digging near the base of a utility pole when they hit the gas line.