Food drive is on now by Praisealujah; Can you help them fill the blue barrels?
Praisealujah’s Food Ministry, from Des Moines is embarking on an ambitious food drive and you can help. The ministry has three locations where food donations can be made (full list of what they are hoping to get is below).
Over 3,000 people in Des Moines/SeaTac communities receive food each month through Praisealujah’s Food Ministry.
Friday, Nov. 9th @ 10am-7pm
Saturday, Nov, 10th and Sunday, Nov. 11th @ 9am-5pm.
Saar’s Grocery Store – 9000 Rainier Avenue S., Seattle (MLK location)
Saar’s Grocery Store – 3208 NE Sunset Blvd., Renton
Saar’s Grocery Store – 10616-16th Avenue SW, White Center
All food donations will help local families in the surrounding communities during this holiday season.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Praisealujah: Pastor Kelly @ 206-429-3383 or 206-307-9166
Food and other supplies you can donate:
- Sugar/flour/cooking oil
- Chocolate chips, raisins
- Cake mixes, brownies
- Hamburger Helper
- Cereal—hot and cold
- Macaroni and cheese
- Canned carrots, beans, peas, corn
- Jello, pudding
- Ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, salad dressing
- Steak sauce, BBQ sauce, Olives, pickles, relish
- Rice, beans, pasta, spaghetti
- Tomato sauce, pizza sauce (Ragu, Prego)
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Pancake mix, biscuit mix
- Canned juices, soda
- Pumpkin pie makings
- Cranberry sauce
- Sweet potatoes
- Aluminum foil, wax paper, plastic wrap
- Laundry soap, Dish soap, Bar soap
- Shampoo, condition, body wash
- Razors, shaving cream
- Toilet paper, paper towels
- Cleaning supplies