Commenting on WestSeattleHerald.com just got a lot better
The West Seattle Herald and all the Robinson Newspapers (Highline Times/Des Moines News/SeaTac News, and Ballard News-Tribune) utilize an advanced commenting system called DISQUS that is found on many major websites around the world.
Commenting, as people who consume news on the internet know, can either be a very useful, informative and helpful addition to a story or can devolve into a litany of complaints or personal attacks. We moderate our comments very carefully and in general try to keep discussions civil and on topic.
DISQUS as a system is known for doing thoughtful updates to their functionality and they have now upgraded to the most recent version of the software. It's vastly improved over previous versions.
Here are some of the new features you now have access to:
- Fully real-time commenting that shows activity as it happens
- Improved social sharing to Twitter, Google+ or Facebook
- International language support
- The Discovery box shows recommended content from the Herald
- Drag & drop image uploading
- Discussion digests for commenters and readers digests
- An improved moderation interface and user reputation system
Commenting only requires that you enter an email address. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.