A fire possibly caused by a propane tank, was dealt with quickly in the 8800 block of 13th SW.
UPDATE: Two fires quickly dealt with; Not related
Kyle Moore from the Seattle Fire Department provided more information on the two fires this morning in West Seattle:
"The cause is a BBQ left on all night. It ignited the deck and the side of the house but the flames did not get into the home. The damage estimate is $30,000. The homeowner was home and tried to fight the fire with a garden hose after calling 911.
No one was injured.
Also the earlier fire at 8838 Delridge Way Sw was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials. The smoking materials ignited nearby combustibles and the porch. The damage estimate is less than $1,000. No one was home at the time of the fire."
Two fire calls within 90 minutes of each other in West Seattle were quickly dealt with the morning of June 10,
The first was a debris pile that caught fire (unknown cause) in the 8800 block of 20th SW. Units arrived and resolved the matter.
Then a call about 10 minutes to 11am in the 8600 block of 13th SW sent units out again. This time it was less clear but Operations Chief Tamilyn Nigretto on the scene said, "It started in a barbecue but it's really unknown if that was the origin or not. We're having Marshall 5 and the investigation unit come out to get a more definitive answer. This fire was a little more advanced than the fire earlier. The owner of the house said he heard a loud pop and little bit of an explosion which would be consistent with propane barbecue but that's all we know."