Senator Sharon Nelson introducing Senator Ed Murray while Representative Eileen Cody looks on at the 34th District Democrats endorsement event on June 12.
34th District Democrats make their endorsements, including Murray for mayor
The 34th District Democrats, representing West Seattle, North Highline (and White Center), Burien, Vashon and Maury islands, put it to a vote on June 12 and emerged with their list of endorsements for the August 6 primary election and November general election.
According to Bill Schrier, there were 149 eligible voters and over 200 people packed into the Hall at Fauntleroy.
Incumbent Mayor Mike McGinn and challenger Senator Ed Murray went head to head for the mayoral nod, with Murray taking the endorsement convincingly with 70 percent of the vote.
From their website, www.34dems.org, here are the results:
• Seattle Mayor: Ed Murray
• Seattle City Council Pos 2: Richard Conlin
• Seattle City Council Pos 4: Sally Bagshaw
• Seattle City Council Pos 6: Nick Licata
• Seattle City Council Pos 8: Mike O'Brien
• Seattle City Attorney: Pete Holmes
• King County Sheriff: John W. Urquhart
• Burien City Council Pos 1: Lauren Berkowitz
• Burien City Council Pos 3: Joan McGilton
• Burien City Council Pos 5: none yet
• Burien City Council Pos 7: Joe Martinez
• SW Suburban Sewer District: Bill Tracey
• Port of Seattle Commissioner Pos. 1: John Creighton
• Port of Seattle Commissioner Pos. 2: Courtney Gregoire
• Port of Seattle Commissioner Pos. 3: DUAL
Stefanie Bowman and Michael Wolfe
• King County Council District 5: Dave Upthegrove
• King County Prop 1 Parks Levy: YES
• I-522 Labeling of GMO Foods: YES