Sheet pile removal at Barton Pump Station July 3 will raise noise level
Information from King County
On Wednesday, July 3, crews will remove a section of steel sheet piles at the Barton Pump Station.
Removing the piles requires the use of a vibrating hammer, which is likely to increase levels of noise and vibration. The crew will be closely monitoring vibration levels to minimize disruption and protect against property damage.
The pile removal is expected to be completed by 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 3.
Crews will need to drive additional piles in the near future. King County will notify the community prior to the upcoming pile driving work.
What to expect
· Increased noise and vibration around the project site
· Flagger to continue moving traffic through site and in and out of the ferry terminal entrance
· Heavy equipment on site
· Work hours typically 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
· No work to be performed Thursday, July 4 or Friday, July 5
· There will be no lane closures during this work