Left photo- Looking down into the new valve vault. Excavation requires small equipment that fits into deep and/or tight spaces. Right photo- Looking east, Concrete form work for the odor control room walls.
King County offers Barton Pump Station construction update
Information from King County
As construction moves forward, King County will be providing monthly project updates to keep the community informed. King County will continue notify the community and ferry commuters should any ferry lane closures or work requiring additional notification occur.
Work over the past month has included:
· Removal and demolition of current pump station roof. The concrete from the roof was hauled off site and recycled.
· Work started on new valve vault.
· Building walls for new Odor Control Room.
· Installation of new piping and drains to keep flow moving through site during construction.
Over the next month, work will include:
· Continued rebar and concrete work to build walls in the new pump station and valve vault.
· Continued work on the new Odor Control Room.
What to expect
· Work hours typically 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
· Flagger to move traffic through site and in and out of ferry terminal entrance.
· Heavy equipment on site, and noise typical of a construction site.