The main holding tank for the Barton Street Pump Station is designed to hold 1 million gallons of wastewater overflow.
King County offers Barton Pump Station September construction update
Information from King County
As construction moves forward, King County will be providing monthly project updates to keep the community informed.
King County will continue to notify the community and ferry commuters should any ferry lane closures or work requiring additional notification occur.
Work over the past month has included:
· Removal of the old pumping equipment. All equipment removed from the old pump station was recycled.
· Completed floor slabs in the odor control and valve rooms.
· Installation of ground anchors to ensure stability of the new pump station during high tides.
Over the next month, work will include:
· Continued work to form exterior walls for the new pump station.
· Rebar and concrete placement to build interior walls in the odor control room.
What to expect
· Work hours typically 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
· Flagger to move traffic through site.
· Heavy equipment on site.
· Noise typical of a construction site.