High winds will be joining the already intense rain from today through Sept. 30 according to a High Wind Alert issued by the National Weather Service.
UPDATE: High wind watch alert issued by National Weather Service
UPDATE 1:00pm Sept. 29
...POWERFUL AND DAMAGING WINDSTORM TO AFFECT PARTS OF WESTERN
.EXPLOSIVE DEVELOPMENT IS TAKING PLACE WITH A LOW PRESSURE CENTER
THAT WILL MAKE LANDFALL THIS EVENING SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE FAR
NORTH WASHINGTON COAST AND CENTRAL VANCOUVER ISLAND THIS EVENING.
THIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE ONE OF THE STRONGEST SEPTEMBER
WINDSTORMS ON RECORD. NORTHWEST WASHINGTON...FROM THE NORTH COAST
THROUGH THE STRAIT OF JUAN DE FUCA AND THE NORTH INTERIOR...WILL
BE AT THE GREATEST RISK FROM THE STRONGEST WINDS.
...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 4 AM
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SEATTLE HAS ISSUED A HIGH WIND WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 4 AM PDT
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS...SEATTLE...FEDERAL WAY...SHORELINE... BREMERTON...SILVERDALE...POULSBO...KINGSTON...SEABECK...AND THE HOOD CANAL BRIDGE AREA.
* TIMING...THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO OCCUR THIS EVENING.
* WIND...INCREASING FROM THE SOUTH AT 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 50 TO 60 MPH.
* IMPACTS...HIGH WINDS CAN TOPPLE TREES...DOWN POWER LINES...AND
Two weeks ago the National Weather Service called for lightning and thunder and they were correct. It was so stormy it stopped the Seahawks game. Last week, again on Sunday they issued another warning but as so often happens here, they were mistaken and the system went north.
But they've issued a new warning effective from Sept. 28 through Sept. 30.
High Wind Watch Alert:
.LOCAL WIND GUSTS OF 45 TO 50 MPH WILL OCCUR WITH A STRONG FRONT THIS AFTERNOON. ANOTHER STRONGER WEATHER SYSTEM WILL ARRIVE AROUND SUNDAY EVENING...WITH A CHANCE OF DAMAGING HIGH WINDS OVER PORTIONS OF WESTERN WASHINGTON.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FOR LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SEATTLE HAS ALSO ISSUED A HIGH WIND WATCH WHICH IS IN EFFECT FOR LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT.
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS...SEATTLE...BREMERTON.
* TIMING...GUSTY WINDS THIS AFTERNOON WILL OCCUR WITH A STRONG FRONT. ANOTHER STRONGER FRONT WILL REACH THE AREA LATER SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND SUNDAY NIGHT.
* WIND...TODAY SOUTH WINDS OF 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS AROUND 45 MPH. LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT SOUTHERLY WINDS OF 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 60 MPH ARE POSSIBLE WITH A STRONGER SYSTEM.
* IMPACTS...WIND GUSTS TODAY COULD SNAP BRANCHES AND AND CAUSE LOCAL POWER OUTAGES. MORE WIDESPREAD AND DAMAGING WINDS ARE POSSIBLE LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND SUNDAY NIGHT.