Construction workers prepare the forms for the odor control room at the Barton Street Pump Station site adjacent to the ferry dock at Fauntleroy.
King County update on Barton Street Pump Station
King County Wastewater Division has shared an update on the Barton Street Pump Station construction project now underway.
"As construction moves forward, King County will be providing monthly project updates to keep the community informed. King County will continue to notify the community and ferry commuters should any ferry lane closures or work requiring additional notification occur.
Work over the past month has focused on rebar and concrete placement in order to:
· Continue forming walls in the pump station and valve room.
· Begin construction in the utilidor. The utilidor provides access to underground pipes for routine maintenance or emergencies.
Over the next month, you’ll see:
· More trucks coming in and out of the site; crews will continue to move traffic through the site in coordination with the ferry terminal.
· Concrete placement for the new pump station’s roof and the floor of the utilidor.
What to expect
· Work hours typically 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
· Flagger to move traffic through site and in and out of ferry terminal entrance.
· Heavy equipment on site.
· Noise and dust typical of a construction site.
· No work during the holidays: November 28-29, December 23-27, and January 1."