This house on S.W. Webster was the scene of a fire that did substantial damage. The house was being remodled firefighters said.
Fire damages house being remodeled on S.W. Webster; $45,000 in damage estimated
A fire did substantial damage to a home in the 3100 block of S.W. Webster on Monday Jan. 6. No one was in the house at the time of the incident.
The call went out about 5:46pm and drew more than 14 Fire Department units to the scene.
Neighbors said the home is owned by a Washington State Ferries employee and Seattle Firefighters on the scene confirmed that the owner had been contacted and they were on their way back.
Firefighters said that the home was being remodeled and that an overheated extension cord was the cause. The fire did an estimated $45,000 in damage.