Celebrity Chef lineup for SSCC's Gifts from the earth includes now well known alumni
information from South Seattle Community College
South Seattle Community College released an all-star line-up of participating chefs for the annual fundraising event, "Gifts From the Earth," today. This year's event will take place on Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 5PM in the Brockey Center with the proceeds benefiting South Seattle Community College Foundation.
In addition to a silent and live auction, guests to the sold-out fundraiser will enjoy a multi-course meal that is prepared by 15 of Seattle's finest chefs, along with the help of South Seattle Community College's Culinary students. Each chef will prepare a meal for two of the 31 tables (with 10 guests per table) at the event.
Here is this year's line-up, including six graduates of South's Culinary Program:
- Chef Alvin Binuya, Ponti Seafood Grill - South Seattle Community College Alum
- Chef Bruce Cougan, Harry's Chicken Joint - South Seattle Community College Alum
- Chef Eric Floyd, Washington Athletic Club
- Chef Evan Garrard, Emerald Cove Catering
- Chef Wayne Johnson, Ray's Boathouse
- Chef Sarah Lorenzen, Andaluca
- Chef Jeff Maxfield, SkyCity at the Needle - South Seattle Community College Alum
- Chef Will McNamara, South Seattle Community College
- Chef Lenny Rede, NorthWest Wine Academy
- Chef Ivo Sandera, Westin Bellevue
- Chef Jay Sardeson, Sheraton Seattle - South Seattle Community College Alum
- Chef Stacey Schwartz, Lancer Catering - South Seattle Community College Alum
- Chef Brian Scheehser, Trellis
- Chef Craig Tarrant, Compass Group/Microsoft
For a full bio on each of the participating chefs click here.
This event is made possible by the generous support of the following sponsors: Food Services of America (Title Sponsor), the Boeing Company, Charlie's Produce, The Gene Colin and Susan Janus Chartiable Fund, Interbay Foods, McGranahan Architects, Rebar and Associates PLLC, Southern Wine and Sprits, Union Bank, Vigor Industrial, and WSECU.