The pump station upgrade next to the Fauntleroy Ferry Dock is continuing and area residents will see continued truck traffic and the completion of key elements in the project.
Barton Pump Station upgrade January construction update
information from King County
As construction progresses, King County will continue to provide monthly project updates to keep the community informed. King County will notify the community and ferry commuters should any ferry lane closures or work requiring additional notification occur.
Work over the past month has focused on construction of the utilidor and concrete placements in order to:
· Finish walls in the pump station, odor control room and valve room.
· Complete construction in the utilidor. The utilidor provides access to underground pipes for routine maintenance or emergencies.
Over the next month, you’ll see:
· Trucks continuing to come in and out of the site; crews will move traffic through the site in coordination with the ferry terminal.
· Concrete placement for the roof deck of the odor control room, valve room and the utilidor.
· Crews preparing and painting walls of the valve room and pump station.
What to expect
· Work hours typically 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
· Flagger to move traffic through site and in and out of ferry terminal entrance.
· Heavy equipment on site.
· Noise and dust typical of a construction site.