Michael Sean Stanley who was accused of sexually assaulting a teenage boy in West Seattle last October will be released from King County Jail on Monday. King County Prosecutors said they had insufficient evidence to pursue a conviction.
Sex offender will go free on Monday; Insufficient evidence to pursue conviction in West Seattle assault case
Michael Sean Stanley, the fugitive sex offender who was accused of sexually assaulting a teenage boy behind the Admiral Theater in October will not be prosecuted.
The King County Prosector's office said they were unable to prove the case through forensics and since there were inconsistencies there was insufficient evidence.
In our story published on October 22 we said:
After registering as a homeless sex offender with the King County Sheriff’s Office on Oct. 19 nothing had been heard until Stanley reemerged in West Seattle. According to police, several people called 911 shortly before 6 a.m. on Oct. 22 to report a man was yelling in an alleyway near the 2400 block of 44th Ave. S.W. (behind the Admiral Theater).
One witness told police he asked the screaming man to quiet down and Stanley allegedly threatened to assault him. Police say Stanley was combative with officers when they arrived and claimed to be armed with a knife. During his arrest a small knife was recovered and officers noted he “appeared intoxicated.”
Afterward, further police investigation and an incoming tip revealed Stanley allegedly sexually assaulted a 16-year-old boy prior to his arrest.
According to police, Stanley met the 16-year-old at a West Seattle grocery store. From there, police said he allegedly “struck up a conversation with the teen and walked him to an alley in the 2400 block of 44th Ave. S.W.” where he gave the teen alcohol, grabbed him and sexually assaulted him.
Police said the 16-year-old pulled a knife on Stanley and was able to escape.
Stanley will be released from King County Jail next Monday.