Seattle Chinese Garden Second Annual Seattle-Luoyang Peony Festival May 3-4
The new peony garden at the Seattle Chinese Garden will make its debut on May 3-4 with more than 400 tree peonies of more than two dozen varieties — all from Luoyang, China’s peony capital. It is the largest public peony garden on the West Coast and perhaps in the nation. The festival is family friendly with entertainment for all ages.
• Lion Dance by Northwest Wushu and Martial Arts, May 3 at 10:15
• Peony art display and painting demonstration by Yiqiao (George) Jiang of Luoyang
• Entertainment in Knowing the Spring Courtyard — martial arts, dance and music
Wudang Martial Arts – Saturday at 1:30
Seattle Wushu Center – Sunday at Noon
• Sale of peony plants and peony-themed arts and items from Luoyang
• Talks on caring for peony plants and on peonies in Chinese culture
• Kite flying in the big field – bring your own or buy one on site
• Chinese Food Booth
Saturday-Sunday, May 3–4, 2014
10 am to 4 pm
Admission is free; donations welcome.
Visit the Garden website on May 1 for a full program schedule. www.seattlechinesearden.org
The Seattle Chinese Garden is at 6000 15th Avenue SW at the north entrance to South Seattle College.