The odor control unit was lifted by crane as it was delivered to the site of the Barton Street Pump Station, just adjacent to the Fauntleroy Ferry Dock.
Barton Pump Station May construction update
information from King County
As construction progresses, King County will continue to provide monthly project updates to keep the community informed. King County will notify the community and ferry commuters should any ferry lane closures or work requiring additional notification occur.
Work over the past month has focused on installing equipment and piping:
· Odor control unit and generator installed.
· New carbon in temporary odor control unit.
· Piping and electrical conduits installed in pump station, valve room, and pipe housing area (utilidor).
Over the next month, you’ll see:
· Excavation for diesel tank near street, including retaining wall to protect tank area.
· Installation of mechanical and electrical equipment and pipes.
What to expect
· Work hours typically 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
· Flagger to move traffic through site and in and out of ferry terminal entrance.
· Heavy equipment on site.
· Noise and dust typical of a construction site.
· Project completion expected late fall 2014.