Barton Street Pump Station update; More underground equipment coming
information from King County
As construction progresses, King County will continue to provide monthly project updates to keep the community informed. King County will notify the community and ferry commuters should any ferry lane closures or work requiring additional notification occur.
Work over the past month has focused on equipment and pipe installation:
· Piping, valves and electrical equipment installed in odor control/generator room, pump station, and valve room.
· Excavation for diesel tank to support on site generator.
· Arrival of diesel tank on site.
Over the next month, you’ll see:
· Continued delivery and installation of underground equipment.
· Equipment testing.
What to expect
· Work hours typically 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
· Flagger to move traffic through site and in and out of ferry terminal entrance.
· Heavy equipment on site.
· Noise and dust typical of a construction site.
· Project completion expected late fall 2014.