Patrick Robinson

UPDATE:Fire on 25th SW evacuates two; Caused by faulty wiring, did $15,000 damage

Update 8:55am
Seattle Fire Dept PIO Kyle Moore explained the circumstances around the fire this morning.
"At 6:43 a.m. firefighters responded to a 4800 block of 25th Av SW for an automatic fire alarm. The first arriving firefighters found smoke coming from the rear of the 1-story home with basement. Firefighters rescued two young adult males from inside the heavy smoke filled home. Both males declined medical treatment.

Firefighters completely extinguished the fire in 10 minutes. The fire was contained to a back bedroom.

Seattle Police Officers were called in to investigate items found in the basement of the home. The investigation is ongoing.

The fire caused $15,000 in damage."

Original post
A fire in a home at 4814 25th SW forced two people from the house. Firefighters said they faced some opposition from the occupants but managed to get the fire put out quickly. Fire investigators came to the scene and police were on hand as they entered and began to seek the cause.

City Light was called in to shut down power to the house as firefighters dismantled a window frame seeking any hot spots.

We encourage our readers to comment. No registration is required. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.