Patrick Robinson
Gathered on the deck outside the Tug Tavern, Seattle Firefighters quickly determined that a fire in the deck was caused by a discarded cigarette.

Small fire in the deck at the Tug Tavern caused by cigarette

A fire at the Tug Tavern at 2216 SW Orchard Street did little apparent damage but drew a response from the Fire Department of course after closing time bringing them to the scene about 3am.

Caused by a cigarette that was discarded improperly, according to the bartenderr, the butt got lodged between the wall and part of the wood decking and smoldered until it ignited.

Several panels of decking were removed but there didn't appear to be any structural damage to the wall of the tavern.

We encourage our readers to comment. No registration is required. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.