Police Blotter Week of 3-27-17

Assault in parking lot

Officers were dispatched to the 2600 block of S.W. Barton Street at 2:50 p.m. on Mon., March 20 after a caller reported an assault in a parking lot. When they arrived, they were not able to locate a suspect. They finally found the victim. He was sitting in a Honda CRV and explained that a group had approached him. One man hit the victim’s girlfriend. The victim said that he did fight back, but that the suspect still attacked him with either a metal baseball bat or a metal pipe. He added that he did not know the suspects. Officers felt that the victim was uncooperative and at one point he asked them to leave him alone. A witness confirmed the story and said both suspects got into a black Acura with gold trim and fled the scene of the crime. The Seattle Fire Department arrived and treated the victim for a laceration on his arm and swelling in his ankle. He was then transported to Harborview Medical Center for further treatment.


Police were dispatched to the 4700 block of 44th Avenue S.W. around 8 p.m. on Sun., March 19 to investigate a robbery. The caller explained that his friend had been staying at his house and started hanging out with the wrong crowd and doing drugs. He said that on Sat., March 18, the friend was intoxicated and threatened to attack him, then started hitting him and taking his stuff. Stolen items included a football, Bluetooth speakers, a watch and cologne.

Stranger throws coffee at homeowner

When a man living on the 6300 block of 37th Avenue S.W. returned home around 8 p.m. on Mon., March 13, with his brother who was visiting, they found an unknown male on the property. The suspect was yelling at them, saying he lost something there when he walked through the area earlier. The victim said the man could not come onto the property. The suspect entered anyway and refused to leave when asked. He then tried to hit the resident and threw his coffee at him. The suspect walked away, northbound in an alley. The brother called 911 to report the incident. No one was injured. Officers were unable to find the suspect after searching the area.

Restaurant owner rages

A service technician called police officers around 2:13 p.m. on Tues., March 14 to report that he was assaulted by the owner of a restaurant located on the 2300 block of California Avenue S.W. He explained that he was there to repair the Internet connection. He told the owner that the service was fine, but the problem was with the modem. The owner became angry when he learned that the problem was not fixable and kicked a ladder, then became verbally aggressive before pushing the victim. The owner threatened to kill the repairman. The victim said that he did not believe the threat was serious, but he was scared that he would be physically attacked. Restaurant employees said they did not see the argument. The service technician was not injured but wanted to report the incident.

We encourage our readers to comment. No registration is required. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.